Sylvan Esso


Sylvan Esso's self-titled album is something that you never knew you needed in your life, but once you hear it, you can't understand how you survived without it. Sylvan Esso consists of singer Amelia Meath and producer Nick Sanborn, and together they create a mixture of folk / electronic pop music. 

This album reminds me of summer and jamming their songs with the windows down. I first heard their song "Coffee" around the time the album released in 2014. I think it was on the radio and I immediately was intrigued by the amazing vocals and interesting sound effects made by Nick. I immediately added the album to my playlist on Spotify and discovered how lovely the album is. 

My top songs on the album are Wolf, Hey Mami, and Come Down. Wolf and Come Down are on the chiller side of songs but Hey Mami is a damn banger. The way it starts and builds up and then drops always gets me pumped.

I also got to experience them live at Bonnaroo in 2015. Seeing them perform live was really awesome. They bring so much energy on stage even though one of them is just clicking buttons that make strange yet weirdly satisfying sound effects that play with Amelia's vocals that seem so airy.

Comments

  1. A truly wonderful Due, Sylvan taught me that you can be different but still be relatable. Hey Mami and Coffee are their break out hits that most people would know them by but they have so much more sound to them that some people don't realize. Great Blog as always RaeRae.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been listening to Hey Mami for years now and I love it!! I haven't gotten the chance to get into the rest of Sylvan Esso's music but definitely will start listening to them more after reading this!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only heard Hey Mami from them, and it's a great song! I'll definitely have to listen to more! I love you how you mentioned that it reminds you of summer. I definitely have some those songs and bands that I listen to that remind me of sitting out on my deck in the summer! Makes me look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts