Turnover -- Peripheral Vision


Although Turnover's album Peripheral Vision came out almost three years ago, I still jam it like it was just released. Before releasing this album, Turnover, originally known for making pop punk music, moved on to dream pop / shoegaze music. A change I was not expecting but gladly accepted. I first heard this album at a show in Chicago. I hadn't listened to them since their album Magnolia was released, and my gosh, was I surprised. Not only because of the dreamy music coming from the stage, but the singer, Austin Getz was not the person I expected to being singing. He looked like a stereotypical dad and that shocked me, but that's not relevant. The lyrics are still reminiscent of their pop punk roots, singing about insecurities / self-loathing / lost loves & unattainable girls, but everything else was shockingly different and dreamy. It is the perfect album to listen to when you're laying down and relaxing. Its a euphoric come down. 
My favorite off this album has to be Diazepam. The guitar and harmonies and vocals all come together to create a beautifully dreamy feel. Good Nature. They seemed to have perfect their shoegaze sound in this album.
Although, a lot of the songs have a similar sound / feel to them which can be annoying. But this problem is nonexistent in their latest album,

Comments

Popular Posts