HOZIER


I am extremely pissed at myself for sleeping on this album for as long as I did. Back in 2014, Hozier came out and "Take me to Church" was out on the radio, and being a person who had an aux in their car, I never listened to the radio unless I was in my mom's car. So, I heard the song a few times and I was down with it. But I never went out of my way to listen to it. I just thought it was another one hit wonder by someone. Turns out Hozier was at a music festival that I was going to that summer, and I missed it because of my idiocy!!

Fast forward to 2016, and my friend made me a playlist that at Cherry Wine on it. I instantly fell in love. I started hearing the song everywhere I went after that. I finally started listening to the album more and I was so upset I did not see him at Bonnaroo in 2014.

Fast forward again to 2017, I meant my boyfriend in San Diego. The first song he played me on guitar was Cherry Wine and he just talked up Hozier for forever. He's a musician so I took his opinion seriously. I revisited the album and listened more intently after that. Now I don't even go a week without playing one of Hozier's songs.

Hozier is an amazing singer and songwriter. I love his deep and full voice and his lyrics are like poetry. Plus he his style is full of blues and folk and just pure awesome. Off this album, my favorite songs were Work Song and It Will Come Back.


Comments

  1. OMG IM SO HAPPY YOU FINALLY WROTE ABOUT HOZIER TOO BECAUSE YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVE HIM!!! I actually discovered Hozier right after his album came out and i can honestly say I am pretty sure it got me through my freshman year of college. I love his voice, the stories he tells, and the unique sound he has. His music takes me to another place, and I love that about it! My favorite songs are probably From Eden, Like Real People Do, and In a Week. Can we petition that he makes another album? I think the world needs that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly did sleep on Hozier! He is such an amazing artist, definitely one of my favorite. He makes the type of music that never gets old. I can, and have, listened to it on repeat. I love Jackie & Wilson, Someone New, really, I'm obsessed with all his songs. Also, I lowkey heard he'll be coming out with a second album within the next year soooooo lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts