Burst & Decay --- The Wonder Years


Burst & Decay is The Wonder Years acoustic EP of 7 acoustic versions of older and newer songs. The Wonder Years are the top dogs of the pop punk genre at this time. I have been listening to this band since high school and their progression in music / pop punk has kept me listening to them all these years. And this album keeps me listening to them today. These acoustic versions of the songs are not just the same song you listened to just acoustic. It is pretty different. The Wonder Years translated these song into great acoustic songs.
Although Dan "Soupy" Campbell's voice is far from perfect, you can feel the emotions he is putting out there for the world with every voice crack. I love how the band completely just took their songs from a range of different albums and converted them into a new and exciting songs. Although the lyrics are the same, everything else is different. It got me excited about the songs I haven't listened to in a while, and happy with where they took it.
My top song to listen to when I go through this album is Cardinal. I never really listened to their album Cardinal so hearing the song made me go back and listen to it.
This album just takes me back to before I was in college and "adulting" and I can connect with the songs topics a lot more. I always have to listen to this when driving or laying in bed (like most of my music). Plus, I love the album cover and name, which is from the song You in January. 

Comments

Popular Posts