Whitney -- Light Upon the Lake

I instantly fell in love Whitney because of their calming and airy sound. Plus, that album cover and typeface just get my graphic designer in me.
I was told to listen to this band by my friend and the only disappointment I felt was in myself for not listening to them sooner. This band duo consists of Max Kakacek, the former guitarist for Smith Westerns and Julien Ehrlich the former drummer of Unknown Mortal Orchestra. Both bands that I already liked a lot. So this duo automatically sounded right up my alley.
However, the vocals can be something that others are not so into. They have been compared to the muppets voice. But I like how high pitched and airy it sounds. It just gives me a warm feeling inside and so does their use of trumpets and other brass instruments. This is just a calming band to listen to when  taking long road trips or laying in your bed.

Comments

  1. WHITNEY!!!! As soon as that voice rings through my ear hole chambers, I know instantly who is playing. I agree with your vocals description as it it hit or miss with many people, but this is what makes their music so unique and entertaining.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts