Sound & Color -- Alabama Shakes




This album brings me back to life. If you ever need a pick me up, please give this amazing album / band a listen. I first heard this band in 2014 at Bonnaroo, an arts and music festival in Tennessee, and ever since then I have been obsessed with this band and their talent. 

Sound & Color radiates confidence and versatility. They are able to mix multiple genres into this one album but it all flows together still. The album is a beautiful mix of southern soul and rock with elements of punk in some songs that can be heard in the chord progressions. You can definitely tell they are influenced by other artist (the most prevalent to me, D'Angelo). But this album is 100% them. 

My favorite song on this album has to be "Gimme All Your Love". The guitar and Brittany's voice are so meaningful and powerful. I can't not sing when it comes on. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts