King Krule -- 6 Feet Beneath The Moon


King Krule or Archy Marshall is probably one of my top favorite artists. He released 6 Feet Beneath The Moon on his nineteenth birthday which is absolutely amazing to me. NINETEEN YEARS OLD. I haven't done and will not do anything this amazing ever. This album is produced so well and his musical capabilities and creativity is extremely apparent.
His blend of genres like indie rock, post-punk, jazz, and trip hip makes the most interesting and haunting music. His choice of lyrics combined with his haunting voice just brings this exposed / raw feeling to whoever is listening. Although he sings in clichés, says Pitchfork's Jayson Greene, I think they are relatable. Plus, his music style and voice are so different, I think he is allowed t fall into some clichés. This kid just does it right. Something about this album and its versatility just keeps me coming back for more.

Comments

Popular Posts